Wednesday, July 26, 2006

She turned a wheel...

on my house and my second family, the Burnses. She heaved and she heaved and, like time, the great wooden wheel began to turn.
At first it brought only water. Some fish maybe, and some algae, but for the most part the wheel showered cool, clear water upon the house and the Burnses. The kids got a little wet but so what? Water we can deal with.
It was a year into the turning when things began to change. Bits of clay and dust fell down some days, on their own or mixed in with the water. Frogs fell, then pencils and rulers, an old bath, a pair of odd socks stuffed into each other, a ton of flowers (they were nice days), a gramophone, an idea mingled with a memory of a trip to a bothy up in Caithness when I was eight years and ninety four days old, an old Indian man who looked confused and finally a shower of meteors.
The meteors destroyed the house and killed three of the Burnses; Linda, the mum, and Jake and Jock. The boys were only four and seven years old. Doug and his daughter Katrin were badly hurt but made it through, albeit with only a leg, two arms, three eyes and a single strand of hair between them.
Now if that's not a tragedy I don't know what is.

Still haven't gone shopping but I saw a human being entering a shop today. I admire the bravery of some folks and wish that I could be like them. Or like theym.
I pray for the father of the girl at work. I hope he makes it. She is lovely and I'm sure he is a worthy chap. Make it, make it, make it, come on!

In the heat of the desert I think of fish. I mull for hours over a chunk of poached salmon, so tender and nice, served with boiled tatties and a few green beans. Hmm hmmm! Yessir, that'd be nice. Just a touch of the sauce tartar too, just a touch on the side for me, thanks. No, really, thanks for that. Oh yes, cooked to perfection. Did you poach it? You steamed it!? Interesting, I like what you've done, the taste is destroying me. I love it. I love you. Yes! Didn't you know? Couldn't you tell?
I thought you knew.
Sorry. Does this make things wierd? Don't be silly, I don't mind. No, I really don't. Listen, I love you as a friend, that's all. I don't need anything more. Look, don't think about it, really, it's no big deal. If you think about it you'll just be making something of nothing. I'm cool with it, you should be too. I love hundreds of people. I'm a love monster, ha ha.

I appear to have been eaten by a dog.
From inside dogs look very different. I can't see much because it's pretty cramped in here and I can't turn my head. My little torch is running out of batteries now. Oops! There it goes, dropped into the lower intestine. I guess I'll be going that way too before long.
What a journey! What a day! Yesterday I had no idea I would be consumed, not a clue. Now look at me - hunched over a laptop half way through the digestive process of a larger than average Alsation.
She's called Betty and she is quite fearsome let me tell you. I just saw fangs and then a tongue and then blackness. It happened so quickly I couldn't even finish a four year course in Anthropology at Glasgow's Strathclyde university, have tea and brush my teeth. I got to the teeth brushing bit and then Betty a-swallowed me whole, crafty old mutt that she is.
I should go camping while I'm down here. There's a lovely spot just above the sphincter where the excrement comes out, you know the one I mean. Betty's very own anus. I'll camp there and maybe go hunting for Impala. They are sneaky though. Graceful and sneaky. They pose as vegetarians but actually have razor sharp teeth and will eat fish regularly, mainly every tuesday. Wierd huh? I thought so.

The moon is coming! The moon is coming! (I just saw the moon go into a shop, best be off)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home