Where does it take us?
He's more like, let's get wasted and see where that takes us.
It takes us to Rosemarkie. It takes us three years, two months and five days. It takes us to a boat we built ourselves. It takes us up a ramp and down the other side, into a wooded glen. It takes us round the corner and there's a house!
What kind of house?
A big house, made of stone and wood. It's got wooden balconies and a simple yet beautiful eave.
Just one eave?
Yes, where the other one would be is a carving of a mermaid, slithering along. She's huge, and she has lanterns hung from her at various points...from her arms and her nipples there are lanterns.
And what about the balconies - what's special about them?
The plant boxes, overflowing with flowers. Geraniums and pansies for the most part, though there are other plants among them. I'm not an expert, I couldn't tell you the names. The door is guarded by a fearsome mouse, with yellow hair and an evil eye.
It takes us past the house and out into the sea, through a narrow channel and into the age of dinosaurs. It takes us nine months and there you have it. A child.
A child! What potential!
Indeed. Who will this child become? Will this child become a good person, or a bad? Will this child just fade, and die?
No! We'll write a story and the child will become a soul and sing, and live and be.
How can it be? How can we decide?
Hold your own soul aloft and shout out praise to clouds and the infinite; that's the way I think it happens.
Why do you think that?
I don't know, to be honest. It just feels right, do you know what I mean?
I know, my friend, I know.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home