Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Burning bridges

Caught in a quango, doing tango. There's a girl here, english rose, would like to pose. I think she's great, what a smile! She stroys me. I don't know what stroy is, but that's what she does. With every step.
Have you ever loved a step before? She has musical movement. I must find a kiss.
Colin is another brother. He wears the orange robes and break dances. I found Colin on a racetrack in Dubai, doing sit ups while a hundred thousand horses bore down on him. I managed to drag him to the side and gave him a lecture about exercising in dangerous places. We've been friends ever since.
Twenty years ago we were pretending to be stowaways on a ship leaving Hamburg. It was night and we were prowling about the iron beast, clambering over the lifeboats and exploring the funny corridors. We were in the bowels, smelling the engines, when a great horn sounded and the motor sprang to life. With a lurch we realised our game had become reality.
Colin discovered a secret set of rooms in the bow of the ship which contained a phantom crew and excellect facilities, including an all day kitchen and a swing out over the dolphins. We holed up there and travelled the world for nine years.
That was an adventure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home