Totally questioned
There we were, the eighteen of us, just trying to hide under a bridge. There's nothing here, said the fish, and with a swallow heard a swift and that was about that. My whole world collapsed, then, and I gave it what for. What for? For what, more likely. I'll never be famous, not once. And with that there was a terrific clash of titans, ach watch your cliches, and I heard again the sea pounding endlessly on the wall beneath my heart. What a jobby. I left after a while, feeling questioned, totally questioned. It even crossed my mind that nonsense might be taken for something else and that could land you in a whole heap of dung. The universe goes on and on and on and there is fear here. That's no good. I was thinking about how I would say to my sons...there is a lot of fear and anger on the faces of the people you see and it's easy to catch that fear and anger spreading onto your own face and into your own mind...don't let it. Smile and that's a good shield. Don't let them get you, boys...that's what I'll say when we see the people with the fear and anger on the metro and in the streets. Don't let the bad mood carry over...smile and it will bounce.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home