Thursday, October 26, 2006

The Third Arm

Holy Moses. I've nothing more to say. There were a giraffe. There were a car. There were a giraffe driving a car. There were floods. There were angels. There were a giraffe driving a car through floods, guarded over by angels. There were mice. There were men. There were two thousand singers singing a hymn. There was christmas.

There was a giraffe driving a car through floodwaters, watched over by angels. Two choirs, a thousand strong, stood by the side of the road. They raised a hymn to the gaurdian angels. On the left side a choir of men, facing them a choir of mice. The mice squeaked and the men boomed deep bass notes. The air rang and the rain evaporated. The giraffe beeped the horn, a thankyou, and drove on down to Monte Carlo.

There were fires, there were geese, there were lovers, there was a fleece. The laundry was ready and so we went on. Bedtime approached in downtown Saigon. There was a lady, there was a man. There were children, there wasn't a plan. There were beats and teats and lemon feet. There were lovers again and a teddy bear, Ben.

This giraffe you were talking about; did he have cold feet?

He was a she, and her feet were in Crete.
Crete is an island in the Aegean sea, I fell in love there, I love to be me.

What are you doing said Stan to his mam,
Rolling an onion to put in the pram.

But that's so ridiculous, I can't comprehend
Why are you doing it, are you round the bend?

Take a deep breath, look with your heart, feel the good feel now and get out of this rhythm.

Stevens stopped. He had been powering up the road, swinging his umbrella military style and getting his brain wound up and wound up and wound up. He stopped. He took a breath.

Ah. From the tip of his chest he let go. A band of pure feeling burst out, a thick rope, and flooded the world. His body succumbed, he dissipated into the rain. Stevens was gone.

And now I am going. Yes. It's time for bed and that's where I'm headed. I'm going to sleep. How nice for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home