Monday, October 23, 2006

Violent words in January


What did I say again?

Och! It was something worth writing. It was some kind of technique.

"Of language" It was a tool to use, it would have been like an afternoon in January; crisp and efficient. You would have liked it.

"We should get moving," he said as he pressed his weight onto the suitcase, trying to make it close. "The others will probably have arrived already, we'll look like fools if we turn up too late. Where are my shoes?"

Chris looked on and didn't say anything.

"Chris? Where are my shoes, man?! What's the matter with you? We're leaving in five minutes. Go and pack your bag in the car!"

Oh, I don't know what it was I wanted to get down. Damn damn damn.

Maybe it was about violence? Do you do violence? I do violence in my mind sometimes. Real, terrible, calculated violence. Ah! I know what it was!

It was the thing snapping inside. It was kysch!
Then it was somebody saying "Shh! Did you hear that?"
"What?" says somebody other.
"It was the sound of something snapping inside"

I'm glad that came out. I wonder if you'll ever read this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home