Minted.

Stunning fist and a crying shame and try not to hide it, try not to hide it. Stunning fist and a crying shame and why did it happen, why did it happen? Stunning fist and a crying shame and why, why, why did it happen, why did it happen?
There. Was. No. Reason.
It just happened.
Left, right, left, right, left right left. In other words, why did it happen?
What are you talking about?
The girl you fool! What on Earth do you think I'm talking about?! She broke ma heart, she broke ma stupid heart and ah just cannae take it Capt'n, ah sayd ah jist cannae take it.
Shucks. He planted his fist into the palm of his other hand. Sorrow and dejection hung heavy on his tired face. I watched him age a year in just one second, but there was nothing I could do. She'd left him you see, the only girl in his world, the only other soul with whom he could communicate. She'd left him and now he was alone in the black emptiness of space.
How terribly sad.
Still, nevermind eh?! Plenty of other stuff to be thinking about. It's christmas coming up and I'm as skint as ever. Wish I had a job. Wish I had a job and a dog. Wish I was minted.
He said. But he didn't mean it. He knew, he knew in his bones that there was no point in making these wishes. Somewhere in the dark, echoing caverns at the back of his mind and at some depth in his soul he was aware that everything was the responsibility of his own effort.
We missed Planet Earth last night which was a bit of a shame. We did have sex instead so it's no big tragedy. Or is it? I dunno.
Do you remember how we used to sing? We sing and dance forever and a day.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home