The Merry-Go-Round
Hi there! My name is Suzanne. Today I'm a guest on Yumen's blog - The Third Arm.
I want to write a little about the time I went on the merry-go-round with Yumen and his three friends.
It was over a hundred years ago, deep in the countryside, away from all houses. My father had recently set sail for Sixpence, a new country discovered beneath Kenya. He was to be the governer there for a short spell so I was left alone with my mother who was a horse. On the day we went to the merry-go-round my darling mama was racing in the 3:15 at Royal Ascot.
Mama had left the house. We lived in a grand mansion on a large estate in Suffolk. At the time I was no more than ten years old yet had the west wing and a few servants all to myself.
I had made some coffee and was very busy pretending to be a futuristic engineer, building two bridges to the moon and a tunnel to Mars. My plans were near complete when Yumen came bursting in through the drawing room window. Shattered glass sprayed across the veneer floor. A tiny fragment caught me in the eye and blinded me momentarily.
"Whoops!" said Yumen. "Sorry about that old girl. Friend One just went Mental and threw us through ze vindow. Don't worry about it, I'll clean it up in a jiffo. Watch this."
With that he closed his eyes, clasped his hands before him and stamped his foot. Then, most amazing, the glass flew backwards, up from the floor and out from my eye, and formed itself once more into the beautiful drawing room window.
"Yumen!" I exclaimed. "Watch it with your entrance little man, or I'll cut your legs off. Do you understand?"
Yumen hung his head in shame and fear.
"Yes ma'am," he muttered.
"What was that?" I demanded.
"YEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSS MA'AM!!!!" he screamed, and the window shattered.
Flabbergasted at his dafty way I took off my left boot with it's iron heel and hurled it at him. It hit him square in the chest and knocked him out for thirty four minutes. I had a cup of tea in the interim.
When he had awoken and cleared up once more and we had discussed money and politics, he invited me to the merry-go-round with his three buddies.
I agreed to go and we went.
It wasn't really anything special. Just another merry-go-round.
I want to write a little about the time I went on the merry-go-round with Yumen and his three friends.
It was over a hundred years ago, deep in the countryside, away from all houses. My father had recently set sail for Sixpence, a new country discovered beneath Kenya. He was to be the governer there for a short spell so I was left alone with my mother who was a horse. On the day we went to the merry-go-round my darling mama was racing in the 3:15 at Royal Ascot.
Mama had left the house. We lived in a grand mansion on a large estate in Suffolk. At the time I was no more than ten years old yet had the west wing and a few servants all to myself.
I had made some coffee and was very busy pretending to be a futuristic engineer, building two bridges to the moon and a tunnel to Mars. My plans were near complete when Yumen came bursting in through the drawing room window. Shattered glass sprayed across the veneer floor. A tiny fragment caught me in the eye and blinded me momentarily.
"Whoops!" said Yumen. "Sorry about that old girl. Friend One just went Mental and threw us through ze vindow. Don't worry about it, I'll clean it up in a jiffo. Watch this."
With that he closed his eyes, clasped his hands before him and stamped his foot. Then, most amazing, the glass flew backwards, up from the floor and out from my eye, and formed itself once more into the beautiful drawing room window.
"Yumen!" I exclaimed. "Watch it with your entrance little man, or I'll cut your legs off. Do you understand?"
Yumen hung his head in shame and fear.
"Yes ma'am," he muttered.
"What was that?" I demanded.
"YEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSS MA'AM!!!!" he screamed, and the window shattered.
Flabbergasted at his dafty way I took off my left boot with it's iron heel and hurled it at him. It hit him square in the chest and knocked him out for thirty four minutes. I had a cup of tea in the interim.
When he had awoken and cleared up once more and we had discussed money and politics, he invited me to the merry-go-round with his three buddies.
I agreed to go and we went.
It wasn't really anything special. Just another merry-go-round.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home