Thursday, August 17, 2006

don't you know

Smooth. Driving lately down the coast road, southward to San Francisco, my true love spoke to me. She wondered if I knew anything of fae folk living in those parts and you know, I didn't know much.
I was able to tell her about the grass fairies. These little people live in among the tall grass at the side of the freeway and eat mainly snails and lizards. I met a troupe of hunters once, when I was tiny and travelling the world in a soft red ballon decked out with feathers and ten hackey sacks. I bumped into this troupe whilst looking for a place to bed down for the evening.
"Well hello there!" one of them cried.
"Hello back," ses I. "What's about to go on here? Are we happy in the gang?"
"We're happy if you're happy strange-face," said the tallest (he was big for them but small for us at only two and a half inches).
"I'm very happy," I said. "Would you like some chicken, it's cut into tiny pieces and tastes much like crocodile."
"Oh yes!" came this chorused reply, like chicken was such a deal. But then, for these folk, it was. I mean, how many midgets have you seen lately spearing a full grown hen?
Exactly.
I shared my chicken round and made a couple of lifelong friends amongst them. We talked a lot about forestry and how to get a saddle on a dragonfly. These fellows are really quite sophisticated. However, when I found out that not one of them had been to London, I despaired. How can you say you've lived if you've never been to London? Some people, eh? They can confound me.
Anyway, we were chatting away and suddenly I remembered I'd made no more potion so I made a sharp excuse and left. Five minutes later I was lying naked in the long grass, full sixe again but thirteen and a quarter metres from my bike. I slipped over as casually as possible and unwrapped a tux from the saddle bag. There is nothing like riding an Enfield along the california coast on a hot August night in a tux and no shoes. I drove straight into the sea and drowned there.
When I was dead I confided in a mermitic angel and she told me that for fifty bucks she could raise me and set me on a merry life around this tiny planet. I agreed, that's why I'm here. It was lucky I had fifty four dollars and twenty nine cents in my little wallet which I got in China from a bloke with three legs and an arm protuding from his for-ed. It's a case of the wrong drugs don't you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home