Fell down a Hole
By two o'clock I was afraid. The drop went into the clouds beside us. I tried to laugh it off but couldn't. A seagull flew past. A timepiece, an old gold watch, dropped into existence by my feet.
"What do you think?" I asked Pete.
"Give it another five minutes," he said quietly.
I shivered. It was cold up there, especially when someone walked by with an ice thower. The seconds ticked slowly on. Back in school I could remember a summers day when we all went down to the beach and the stones smelled like heat and glory. Afterward we looked at pictures of old fighting planes flying low above fields. I made a rope and swung myself down from the high chair. At the front of the room was an old man in a black cape. He was lean and angry. I walked right up to him and spat in his face. He couldn't move. Jesse had paralysed the world not five minutes before.
Jesse had paralysed the world?
Oh yes, Jesse could do that, and more.
A theatre was built in the quiet town. There were shows so unusual and out of place there. Lots of red and some cushions and the theatre changed a lot of people, eventually.
This is nothing more.
"What do you think?" I asked Pete.
"Give it another five minutes," he said quietly.
I shivered. It was cold up there, especially when someone walked by with an ice thower. The seconds ticked slowly on. Back in school I could remember a summers day when we all went down to the beach and the stones smelled like heat and glory. Afterward we looked at pictures of old fighting planes flying low above fields. I made a rope and swung myself down from the high chair. At the front of the room was an old man in a black cape. He was lean and angry. I walked right up to him and spat in his face. He couldn't move. Jesse had paralysed the world not five minutes before.
Jesse had paralysed the world?
Oh yes, Jesse could do that, and more.
A theatre was built in the quiet town. There were shows so unusual and out of place there. Lots of red and some cushions and the theatre changed a lot of people, eventually.
This is nothing more.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home