The summer Gone
Man, the second I was in it I knew. There was a war on. Between my angel and my fate. There was a war on, between love and romance. A fight broke out between my heart and my brain. I didn't know too much about it though, just guns and ammo, trading stalls in the mountains of my mind. Guerilla tactics, bombs and machine gun fire.
I hated it, I hated every minute. The fighting, the fighting, the fighting! It's all so unnecessary but still we have to go on. I got sand in my eyeball, it stung like crazy. That's part of war though.
I wish there was another solution, I wish I could have done better, somehow. I wish I could have left you in the cradle and I wish there was nothing left to do here because I wish I was somewhere else, in another time.
Do you remember the Pharoah? He was a wise man. Cruel, yes. But wise. And in wisdom comes wealth and in wealth comes everlasting life. I can't stand these fools who say that money is nothing. What do they know? Who are they to scoff at the hopes of all manking? The mitter bitter pitter fools. They don't know anything.
Who's this? Who's this now?
I got cold feet at one point, think it was in the river. Did you see Emily? She's my cousin. I think she was in a canoe, I think she came down the river. Did you come all the way from New England? Are you getting ready for the leaves to turn? I bet you are, I bet you're getting ready for the turning leaves, I bet that's it. My goodness, I'd like to go back there again.
But you've never been there daddy!
So I haven't, you're right. What was I thinking. Who are you? This is not funny folks, I'm dying.
That's terrible.
You're telling me pal, it's a nightmare. I can't breathe. Ah!!!! Help!
No help was forthcoming. The old man keeled over and lay still where he fell. Eventually two of his grandchildren ambled over and cleared away the body. What a way to go he thought as he pondered the scene from above. None of the fools had any time for me. Now I'm just a rotten corpse in a hole. Goodbye family.
He dropped, suddenly. He hadn't expected that. He really hadn't expected Hell.
Yet there it was, as real as death.
And five times worse. Hell was like death over and over and over and over again, for the rest of time. No rest, no time to think of a way out. Just fear. Forever. And the odd glimpse of the ones who made it to heaven.
Ahhh!!!!!!!!! They can't see you baby.
Summer's off with the birds, see you next year babe. I had a dream of her gold and honey yesterday but she wasn't listening.
See you later.
I hated it, I hated every minute. The fighting, the fighting, the fighting! It's all so unnecessary but still we have to go on. I got sand in my eyeball, it stung like crazy. That's part of war though.
I wish there was another solution, I wish I could have done better, somehow. I wish I could have left you in the cradle and I wish there was nothing left to do here because I wish I was somewhere else, in another time.
Do you remember the Pharoah? He was a wise man. Cruel, yes. But wise. And in wisdom comes wealth and in wealth comes everlasting life. I can't stand these fools who say that money is nothing. What do they know? Who are they to scoff at the hopes of all manking? The mitter bitter pitter fools. They don't know anything.
Who's this? Who's this now?
I got cold feet at one point, think it was in the river. Did you see Emily? She's my cousin. I think she was in a canoe, I think she came down the river. Did you come all the way from New England? Are you getting ready for the leaves to turn? I bet you are, I bet you're getting ready for the turning leaves, I bet that's it. My goodness, I'd like to go back there again.
But you've never been there daddy!
So I haven't, you're right. What was I thinking. Who are you? This is not funny folks, I'm dying.
That's terrible.
You're telling me pal, it's a nightmare. I can't breathe. Ah!!!! Help!
No help was forthcoming. The old man keeled over and lay still where he fell. Eventually two of his grandchildren ambled over and cleared away the body. What a way to go he thought as he pondered the scene from above. None of the fools had any time for me. Now I'm just a rotten corpse in a hole. Goodbye family.
He dropped, suddenly. He hadn't expected that. He really hadn't expected Hell.
Yet there it was, as real as death.
And five times worse. Hell was like death over and over and over and over again, for the rest of time. No rest, no time to think of a way out. Just fear. Forever. And the odd glimpse of the ones who made it to heaven.
Ahhh!!!!!!!!! They can't see you baby.
Summer's off with the birds, see you next year babe. I had a dream of her gold and honey yesterday but she wasn't listening.
See you later.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home