The glass wall
The Wizard of Oz and Kiwi fruits appear to be making themselves heard. All of us in here are now beginning to wonder what they signify. If you know, please tell. I have also been asked to enquire regarding the fate of our good friend Charlie. He was last seen heading down through the woods, late last thursday afternoon. We wondered whether he had passed this way?
The wooden cabins fit perfectly in with the young mountains and the fresh spring air. These healthy trees drink the clear waters and the grass is always greener. A chicken pecks its way across the dusty road.
Ahoy there! comes a shout from up ahead. An elderly yet agile man strides toward us, arm raised with a friendly wave. At once we can relax.
I'm trying to think about the wizard and the kiwi fruits, I'm trying to make some vague connection. Nothing comes. Do you remember when Simon talked about his lack of motivation? Remember how he said that, as soon as he started something in earnest, he lost all the will to carry on? Well just yesterday Dan from the village up the hill, he came and talked about the exact same thing. It's weird when all these things start happening together. I mean, coincidence is one thing, but two coincidences...well that's a pattern in my books, and patterns are there to be read. I just need to learn how to read them.
You want to know what's for dinner? Spanish Omelette. Hooooo'eee! Yessir! It's guid. I like it like this; Spaniard fried in a little olive oil, Italian chopped and rinsed, seasoned and dipped in eggyolk then breadcrumbs. A German garnish and a Danish pastry, oh yeah! That smells alright. Was speaking with Magda earlier and she doesn't hold much hope for the West. I quizzed her a little, I wanted to know what was the most obvious sign for her that our society was in fact a virus. Do you want to know what she said? The loneliness suffered when two people meet at a bus stop in the morning and don't even say hello.
I agree that this is not a good sign, that there is little point in treasuring a society in which the stranger is just another enemy. I suggested we run away together and start a New Colony. She said she'd think about it. I don't know if I want to anymore; I don't know if she shaves her legs.
Alice trailed her hand along the dark glass wall. It seemed to go on forever.
The wooden cabins fit perfectly in with the young mountains and the fresh spring air. These healthy trees drink the clear waters and the grass is always greener. A chicken pecks its way across the dusty road.
Ahoy there! comes a shout from up ahead. An elderly yet agile man strides toward us, arm raised with a friendly wave. At once we can relax.
I'm trying to think about the wizard and the kiwi fruits, I'm trying to make some vague connection. Nothing comes. Do you remember when Simon talked about his lack of motivation? Remember how he said that, as soon as he started something in earnest, he lost all the will to carry on? Well just yesterday Dan from the village up the hill, he came and talked about the exact same thing. It's weird when all these things start happening together. I mean, coincidence is one thing, but two coincidences...well that's a pattern in my books, and patterns are there to be read. I just need to learn how to read them.
You want to know what's for dinner? Spanish Omelette. Hooooo'eee! Yessir! It's guid. I like it like this; Spaniard fried in a little olive oil, Italian chopped and rinsed, seasoned and dipped in eggyolk then breadcrumbs. A German garnish and a Danish pastry, oh yeah! That smells alright. Was speaking with Magda earlier and she doesn't hold much hope for the West. I quizzed her a little, I wanted to know what was the most obvious sign for her that our society was in fact a virus. Do you want to know what she said? The loneliness suffered when two people meet at a bus stop in the morning and don't even say hello.
I agree that this is not a good sign, that there is little point in treasuring a society in which the stranger is just another enemy. I suggested we run away together and start a New Colony. She said she'd think about it. I don't know if I want to anymore; I don't know if she shaves her legs.
Alice trailed her hand along the dark glass wall. It seemed to go on forever.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home