Sunday, November 12, 2006

I clomb aboard

Many things happened to us in India, but the most useful event was when Laura got her head stuck in a soup tureen. It really livened us up, loosed a lot of the tension and gave us some great footage - the type of footage we had come for.

I remember how we sang that night around the fire. David made up a song about soup and Laura gave a very stirring rendition aha ha. We danced and sang and laughed and realised once again just how simple and amusing life can be.

Praise be. Amen to that. Hallelujah.

I'm too tired to think. I'm almost too tired to feel. It's good to know that a bit of sleep can shake away these moments of dejection, just as a laugh can release the anxiety.

In the night my curtains twitched. I drew them aside to reveal an enormous owl perched upon the sill outside. This thing must have had an eight foot wingspan and weighed in at no less than three hundred pounds. On it's back was a saddle. I clomb aboard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home